All India Institute of Medical Sciences is a group of autonomous public medical colleges in India that offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine, nursing, and related fields. AIIMS was established in 1956 and is funded by the Indian government. It has a highly competitive entrance exam, the AIIMS MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) Entrance Examination. The AIIMS MBBS entrance exam is a national-level exam, considered one of India’s toughest entrance exams. The selection process for the AIIMS MBBS entrance exam involves a two-stage process. AIIMS is known for its high-quality education, research, and clinical services. It has produced many renowned doctors and medical professionals who have significantly contributed to medicine. This blog will provide you a list of the best AIIMS Colleges in India, the eligibility criteria, and the admission procedure for AIIMS.
List of 5 Best AIIMS Colleges in India Based on NIRF Ranking
- AIIMS Delhi (All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi) is a premier medical institution in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1956 under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. AIIMS Delhi is considered the flagship institute of the AIIMS group and is regarded as one of the best medical colleges in India.
- AIIMS Jodhpur (All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur) is a medical institution in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. It was established in 2012 as part of the AIIMS group and is an autonomous institution funded by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. AIIMS Jodhpur offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine, nursing, and related fields. The hospital has the latest medical technology and is known for its specialized departments, such as cardiology, neurology, gastroenterology, and oncology.
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar (All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar) is a medical institution located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. It was established in 2012 as part of the AIIMS group and is an autonomous institution funded by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The undergraduate program offered by AIIMS Bhubaneswar is the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course, a five-and-a-half-year program with a one-year internship. The hospital associated with AIIMS Bhubaneswar has more than 1000 beds and provides medical services to patients from all over Odisha and neighboring states.
- AIIMS Rishikesh (All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh) is a medical institution in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India. It was established in 2012 as part of the AIIMS group. It has a highly qualified and experienced faculty who are experts in their respective fields. The faculty members are involved in both teaching and research activities. It has a highly competitive and rigorous selection process. Admission to the MBBS program is through the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination, which is conducted once a year in online mode.
- AIIMS Raipur (All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur) – The institution is located in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India. It was established in 2012 as part of the AIIMS group. The institution has produced many renowned medical professionals and has received several awards and recognition for its academic excellence and research contributions. It is a highly reputable medical institution in India that provides quality education and medical services to the people of Chhattisgarh and neighboring states.
The eligibility criteria for admission to AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) in India are as follows:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Age Limit: The candidate should be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission or will attain the age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate should have completed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as the main subjects and should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/OPH candidates) in aggregate in these subjects.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: The candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OPH candidates) in the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects separately.
- Entrance Exam: The candidate must have appeared and qualified in the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Other Eligibility Criteria: The candidate should meet the minimum physical standards prescribed by AIIMS and not have any communicable diseases.
The eligibility criteria for admission to postgraduate programs may vary depending on the course and specialization. Generally, the candidate should have an MBBS degree from a recognized university and should have completed the compulsory internship. It is essential for the candidates to carefully go through the eligibility criteria before applying for admission to AIIMS. The eligibility criteria may be subject to change, and the candidates are advised to check the official website of AIIMS for the latest updates.
The admission procedure in AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) generally consists of the following steps:
- Application: The candidate must apply online on the official website of AIIMS. The application form requires the candidate to provide personal, educational, and other relevant details and to upload the necessary documents.
- Admit Card: Once the application is submitted and accepted, the candidate will be issued an admit card containing the examination date, time, and venue.
- Entrance Exam: The candidate must appear for the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination, a computer-based test. The examination consists of multiple-choice questions and covers the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge, Aptitude, and Logical Thinking.
- Result: The result of the entrance exam will be declared on the official website of AIIMS. The candidates who have qualified for the exam will be eligible for further admission.
- Counseling: The candidates who have qualified for the entrance exam will be called for counseling. The counseling process involves the verification of documents and the choice filling of colleges and courses. The seats will be allotted based on the merit list and available seats.
- Admission: The candidates allotted the seats must report to the respective AIIMS with the required documents and fees to complete the admission process.
The candidates need to keep track of the important dates and events related to the admission process and to regularly check the official website of AIIMS for the latest updates.
The AIIMS exam is one of the most prestigious medical entrance exams in India. It requires months of preparation and dedication to crack the exam and secure a seat in one of the top AIIMS colleges in the country. The journey may be challenging, but the result is truly rewarding. The AIIMS exam is not just a test of knowledge but an examination of perseverance, dedication, and hard work. It is an opportunity for aspiring medical professionals to showcase their skills and achieve their dreams. So, to all AIIMS aspirants, remember that success is challenging but achievable with the right mindset, preparation, and hard work. Keep pushing yourself, stay motivated, and never give up on your dreams. The journey may be challenging, but the destination is worth it. Good luck to all the future doctors out there!